i heart hip hop & it won't stop

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Rapper T.I. pleads NOT GUILTY, in jail for another week!

Rapper T.I will remain in jail on weapons charges for at least
another week, after U.S Magistrate Judge Alan Baverman denied immediate release on bond.

Another hearing will be held next Friday to further consider conditions
proposed by the rap star lawyers that may prompt release of
T.I until his pending trial.

Lawyers for T.I. real name Clifford Harris proposed that he be released on a $2.2million bond, which included separate bonds backed by his record company, record company executives. T.I also agreed to post the equity of his two homes, which his lawyer, Ed Garland, estimated are worth about $1.5 million.

T.I agreed to stay in his home with 24-hour-a-day electronic and human monitoring, consent to any searches, be tested for drug use, remove any safes in the home, and have the only adult allowed to stay at the home as T.I's pregnant long-time girlfriend Tameka "Tiny" Cottle. But Baverman said he wants more information about who will be chosen as T.I's monitor, who would live inside the College Park home, search visitors and alert authorities if T.I violated any conditions.

Prosecutor Todd Alley recounted T.I's close calls with the law from 1997 to 2003. Alley revealed that along with the three handguns found last Saturday in T.I's car, a half-pound of marijuana was also discovered. T.I told agents the marijuana was his and he had smoked marijuana that day to get ready for the BET Award show.

Baverman said he was impressed with information provided by Harris's lawyers that showed the rapper has been "exceptionally generous and has reached out to the community, particularly the community of the underprivileged, with great generosity."

"He should be commended for that" Baverman said. But he also recognize some of the lyrics in some of the songs that stand in contrast to the message T.I gives to schoolchildren.

When members of T.I's family were asked to stand up in the packed courtroom, about 50 people rose to their feet. Baverman found that prosecutors had not convinced him that no possible conditions could be placed on T.I to assure he would not a flight risk on danger to others. Judge Baverman said he is willing to consider the extraordinary conditions proposed by T.I's legal team.

No word on prosecution of drug charges on X-Scape group member Tiny who was found during the gun bust with ectasy and marijuana in her possession.


Source:AJC.com
Photo:Starpulse.com

No comments: