i heart hip hop & it won't stop

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Love Behind each of Raheem's Melody....


Who does Raheem DeVaughn think he is?
.
If you have not heard his new CD
"Love Behind the Melody" you need to cop it A.S.A.P! I love music in general like my love for water. Although the game has changed over the years I love rap music still. I never really been a R&B chick, but lately my father musical influence has worn on me as I am liking to listen to jazz more. I would awake to my father blaring jazz and old school Marvin Gaye from the stereo. Maybe I am just getting older. I have been listening to Miles Davis, Simply Red, and The Manhattan Transfer. So when I do get a good R&B CD in my stereo I love it. Recently I have played out Keyshia Cole "Just Like You" and Mary J. Blige "Growing Pains" CD's. But these CD's have nothing on Raheem DeVaughn new CD.

I was on my way home last night on a 30 minute drive from a friend's birthday party at Vision's nightclub. I popped in Raheem's new CD to finally listen to it and boy did he take my heart for a ride.
"Woman" and "Customer" already have hit the radio waves, but believe me when I tell you these singles are just a prelude to the real deal. There are so MANY favorites. The single "Marathon" featuring Floetry will have you steaming up the windows in the bedroom, begging your partner to crack a window. But wait....the brother became Marvin Gaye reincarnated on "Desire". This song will have your bed spinning as you make love thinking 'I love him, NO... I hate him'. The boy did his thing on this CD let me tell you!! Then there is "Can We Try Again" and "She's Not You" which are favorites of mine too.

So whatever you do, make sure you go out and buy this CD because there is definitely love behind Raheem's melody!

No comments: